Botanic name: Angelica keiskei
How the plant got its name:
Ability of the herbal plant to grow very fast symbolic by its name Ashitaba, means "tomorrow's leaf". Harvesting a leaf at the break of day results often in a new sprout growing over night, being visible the following morning.
- Ashitaba known to purify blood and circulation, cleanse the colon, relieve muscle, joint, and nerve discomfort and enhance lung function.
- Powerful antioxidants, nutrients, and energetic properties.
- Ashitaba improves skin ("Ashitaba exfoliates the dead skin that causes a dull complexion and / or clogged pores".
- Also, herb heals scrapes, cuts, insect bites, acne, and ulcers and hair quality. Reduces cell damage and increases blood circulation to the skin thus producing wrinkle free skin and hair grows thicker (fuller and stronger) with a color shine and preventing dry or brittle hair.
- The dried Ashitaba plants can be used to make tea.
- Use your Ashitaba plants as a healthy ingredient in soups.