Monday, December 16, 2013

FALSE MOREL

I spotted these round brain-like mushrooms growing near the Science Lab early one morning. My colleague who was with me told me that it was most probably poisonous and not to touch it. For your information, some mushrooms can sicken or kill you if eaten. I think the type of mushrooms I saw are called "false morels." This type of mushroom has wrinkled, irregular caps that look like brain coral or saddles, with a bottom edge that hangs free around the base. They are poisonous and must be avoided at all costs.

LINK


2 comments:

JyhSeng Ong said...

kalo tak silap, ianya sejenis puffball mushroom dr family Calvatia

JyhSeng Ong said...

kalo tak silap, ianya sejenis puffball mushroom dr family Calvatia