Monday, January 11, 2010

FIG PLANT



This morning, I went to the Herb Garden to have a look at the Fig plant there. Well, I am happy to report that it has grown much bigger. Actually, it had grown a bit too high and the gardener trimmed off about 2 feet of it.
As for plant care, I am not of much help as my job is just to source for the plants, document and provide information about them. There is another teacher who is in-charge of the gardening. Then there is a gardener who comes and prunes the plants. The janitors water the plants in the morning while my librarians do it in the evenings.
For your information, I bought the plant from the Farmer's Market in Kampung Koh, Sitiawan. It cost about RM8.00.

2 comments:

Synchronous said...

May I know when the Farmer's Market is held? I'm interested to pay the market a visit, myself. I live in Bota; not that far away :)

Miss Cheah said...

The Pasar Tani is at the parking area outside the Ipoh Stadium. It opens from 7.30 a.m. until 12.30 p.m. each Saturday.