Saturday, March 20, 2010

SELAGINELLA




Common names: Sanjeevani, Selaginella

Botanic name: Selaginella_bryopteris

Genus: Selaginella

Family: Selaginellaceae

Uses in Indian Traditional Medicine
Selaginella bryopteris (L.) Baker, popularly known as sanjeevani is a lythophytic plant with medicinal properties. The popular name "Sanjeevani" which translates as "One that infuses life" derives from the medicinal properties.

Traditionally the plants have been used in India :

1. as a relief from heat stroke and the burning sensation during urination;
2. for restorating menstrual irregularities to normal and applied topically to pregnant women;
3. for aiding in easy delivery;
4. for treating jaundice.
**Note that the factual basis for such treatments is still unknown.

10 comments:

Pagiarajan said...

Hi miss cheah,i need to buy Selaginella pot,please help me....My email address (rajan@gdexpress.com)...

pRu3 said...

Is this plant still available ?

Unknown said...

Good day Miss Cheah. It is a great honor for me to say that you have indeed created a precious blog to aid us on the usage of each and every different type of plant. Looking at Selaginella bryopteris, i would be thankful if you could guide me through in obtaining a pot for myself as part of my religious study. Currently i am doing a research on Neem plant. Could you let me know where could i buy this plant. Thank you Miss Cheah. My email add is 'aravindran@live.com'.

Kind regards,
Aravindran Sugumaran
(MSc Plant Science)

Unknown said...

thank you very much i want to buy selaginella pls need your contact details

Unknown said...

Hai madam,

I need selaginella I'm the siddha research pls help me

thank you

Gaurav said...

Respected Madam,

I would very humbly request access to this plant/seeds.

Highly appreciate if you can facilitate me the same.

Warm Regards,
Arya
gauravbakshi7@gmail.com

Unknown said...

where i can buy this plants. Please email me at jdmorgan_7@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Hi Dearie,

How can I purchase this Selaginella plant. As I need for my studies. Please do E - mail me the details as how do I go about doing it.

Many thanks Diana

Deb Baker said...

Miss Cheah,Please email me and let me know how I may buy selaginella bryopteris plants to send to the U.S.Thank you very much for your answer and direction. Deb Baker...b3zenuff1@yahoo.com

Dhananjayan said...

Hi miss cheah,this is dhananjayan i need Selaginella plants,please Send me your contact details to - +91-9710307177 e-mail-meetmedhana@gmail.com