Monday, May 31, 2010

BLACK TURMERIC PLANT/KUNYIT HITAM




I had a pleasant surprise from I went to check on the plants in the school Herb Garden. The Black Turmeric Plant or Kunyit Hitam was bearing flower. And what an exquisite bloom it was. We had planted it for more than 5 years and only now it has begun to flower. This has gotten me so excited that I will spend more time in the Herb Garden tomorrow. Heh! Heh!
VERSI BAHASA MELAYU
Saya amat gembira bila mendapati bahawa pokok kunyit hitam di Taman Herba sekolah sedang berbunga. Cantiknya bunga itu. Kami telah menanam pokok itu selama lima tahun dan sekarang baru berbunga. Saya akan pergi lagi ke Taman Herba esok pagi untuk menjenguk bunga yang cantik ini.

Here is information about the Black Turmeric Plant/Maklumat Kunyit Hitam

Common names/Nama Tempatan: Black Turmeric, Kunyit Hitam, Kali Haldi (Tamil), Black Zedoary
Scientific name/Nama Saintifik: Curcuma Caesia
Family/Famili: zingiberaceae
Genus : Curcuma

Medicinal uses/Kegunaan untuk perubatan

It is claimed to be able to:/ Dipercayai boleh:

1. treat joint tumour/mengubati tumor joint
2. treat leprosy/mengubati penyakit kusta
3. to give longevity to human beings/memanjangkan usia seseorang
4. to treat hemorrhoids/ mengubati hemorrhoids
5. to treat bronchitis and asthma/ mengubati penyakit bronkitis dan asma
6. to treat gonorrhoea/ mengubati penyakit gornoohoea

References:
http://kelapadara-bioaslidesaku.blogspot.com/2008/04/herba-kunyit-hitam.html

3 comments:

2senaku said...

Someone told me if you keep the flower in your wallet, you life will be easy and will not have money problem. I don't know whether it is true or not.

bestmaster said...

I m dr. Mandar. from maharashtra , India. I want the plant of black turmaric/ kunyit hitam for medicinal perpose.. How I get it? please tell me .!

Nelson said...

Hi Miss Cheah,

I will like to have this kunyit hitam plan. Is this plan for sale?

Regards
Nelson