Tuesday, December 1, 2009

PENTAS/STAR FLOWER

This is my mum's penta flower plant. I think I bought it for her for RM5.00 at the beginning of this year. It has grown much bigger and I am happy to say that it is bearing a lot of flowers. I bought it for the Taman Herba in my school but somehow the plant doesn't seem to be bearing much flowers and it looks a bit withered.

Here is information about the plant:

Common names: Penta; Pentas; Star flower; Star cluster; Egyptian Stars
Scientific name:Pentas lanceolata
Family: Rubiaceae - Madder family

VERSI BAHASA MELAYU
Ini adalah pokok bunga penta ibu saya. Kalau saya tak silap, saya belikan pokok ini untuk harga RM5.00 untuk dia pada awal tahun ini. Pokok ini kian membesar dan ada banyak bunga sekarang. Saya juga beli pokok bunga ini untuk Taman Herba sekolah saya tetapi pokok itu nampaknya tidak berapa sihat.

Nama tempatan: Penta; Pentas; Star flower, Star cluster; Egytian Stars
Nama saintifik: Pentas lanceolata
Famili: Rubiaceae - Madder family

No comments: